[Zope] Re: LoadSite can create a corrupted data.fs ?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:14:41 +0100

Jonathan,

I'd be really really surprised if LoadSite can create a corrupted
data.fs. I really do not think this is where the problem lies.

LoadSite does not directly interact with the Zope persistence machinery.
It really doesn't do that much different than manually uploading loads
of files. Even if something were faulty in the tool you used to upload
the files, Zope itself would reject the file, or store incorrect data;
but either way, the data.fs would remain intact and self-consistent.

However, when you upload 900 files in one go, no matter how, you are
using a lot of the resources on your computer. You're probably
exercising quite a lot of the cache and memory.

Have you checked carefully whether you have that Intel mainboard
hardware fault that was mentioned to you a few days ago? If your
hardware has this fault then just occasionally, you will be writing
faulty data.

You must get your hardware checked, or else this problem will most
likely occur again.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer