[Zope] Manager Screen Authenication

Holger Lehmann lehmann@catworkx.de
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:23:21 +0200

Check the file called access with your favourite editor.
There must be a mimimum of two and a maximum of three colon separated fields:
1. username of the manager
2. encrypted password of the manager
3. (optional) domains from where the manager is allowed to login from

delete the last colon and the 3rd field (or run zpasswd with the proper
parameters) to allow logins from everywhere.

- Holger

 Am Die, 11 Jul 2000 schrieben Sie:
> hi sean,
>
> the zpasswd is run like this:
>
> python zpasswd.py access
>
> the password creation is in dialog form.
>
> jens
>
> p.s.: please don't send HTML-formatted mail to the list
>

> on 7/11/00 14:55, Sean S. Rowe at ssr@output.com wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> I'm new to Zope and have just installed it on a server running BSD.  I built
> the source and everything went fine.  I went to localhost:8080 bypassing
> Apache and the welcome screen came up as it was supposed to.
>
> However, I cannot logon to the manage section of Zope.  My password is
> always wrong.  I changed my password with the following: 'python zpasswd.pyo
> -p new_password access'.  Nothing I do seems to work and the only info I can
> find is on running with Apache not Zserver.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Sean S. Rowe
> Output Technology Corporation