[Zope] R: [Zope] Fetching data from external methods

Marcel Preda marcel@punto.it
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 15:14:25 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Jarkko Veijalainen <Jarkko.Veijalainen@tecnomen.fi>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 2:37 PM
Subject: [Zope] Fetching data from external methods

> I have this dtml form, which submits two values to external method. External
> method searches LDAP directory with submitted values and returns an
> object(class) with 5-30 values. I know only how to return plain text to Zope
> (return obj.__dict__ or  return obj.value1). How i return those values in
> zope and embed those values into dtml file.
>
> I have some kind of clue, how i want to do this (or do i?):
> can i make Zclass and return values into that and call Zclass
> variables in dtml?
>
> in fact only problem here is how i return values from external
> method like obj.value1 , obj.value2.... into zope and use them in
> dtml or/and in Zclass instances.

I'm not sure if I understood your problem.

But why don't you return the `entire' object ?!
return obj
and you will use as you want in DTML

You can also call
return obj.__dict__.values()
is a list, but order or the values is unpredictable (I think)

PM

"Will I be using Python today?"
 and if the answer is "yes"
 I know that it's going to be a good day.