[Zope] update Zope

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:05:09 -0400

Mario Premke wrote:

> I want to update from Zope 2.1.6 to 2.2.0.
> Is there a way to copy my contents to the
> new version or do I have to start from the
> beginning ?
> Thanks
> Mario

two ways:

1. Copy your Data.fs from the var directory of the old zope into the new
one.  Remember that you need to have the right products installed.

2. Switch to INSTANCE_HOME usage, as explicated by Evan:

http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/instancehome

I add the steps of symlinking the software folder to something like
zope_soft. This has the advantage that any further releases of zope, to
upgrade you simply unpack and compile zope, then link it's folder to
zope_soft, restart zope, and (more-or-less) viola!  things work.

--
ethan mindlace fremen
Zopatista Community Liason