[Zope] Class Refactoring Question

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:31:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, James W. Howe wrote:
> I've developed a couple of simply Python classes which I'm using as base
> classes for some ZClasses that I've developed.  I now realize that both of
> these Python classes could benefit from obtaining behavior from another
> class.  Will I complete hose myself if I change the class definition of my
> Python base classes?  In other words, will existing ZClass instances be
> completely screwed up if I do this?

I believe that this will work fine.  There has even been discussion
of doing this (having a python base class to reference the classes
you want your ZClass to have as bases) as a good technique for dealing
with the fact that you can't change the bases of a ZClass after it
is created using the management interface.

--RDM