[Zope] Re: An oldnewbie writes (Was [Zope] DTML?)

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:23:09 +0100

--On Wednesday, July 12, 2000 9:23 AM +0100 Paul Browning
<paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> So I've learned a rule of thumb - if I'm writing DTML and
> it isn't flowing then I really ought to be using Python. PythonMethods
> are nice but, as they stand, you only have access to built-in
> functions. So if you want to import modules you have to resort
> to External Methods. [Am I talking nonsense here? My empirical
> experience is that I can use string functions in a PythonMethod
> but not, say, stuff from the time module. Neither string nor time
> are built-in though ..... so why one and not the other?]
>
> The point of these reflections:
>
> * PythonMethods ought to be a high priority IMHO.

[snip]

Thanks for

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/PythonMethods/PythonMethods/Fron
tPage

which answers my questions. I'll watch this space with interest.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/