[Zope] Creating folders in LocalFS

Dan L. Pierson dan@sol.control.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:04:17 -0400 (EDT)

Aaron Williamson writes:
 > I have a LocalFS object within a directory, and in the same directory I
 > have a method which I want to use (among other things) to create new
 > folders within the LocalFS object, which is called "pictures."  If I try
 > pictures.manage_addFolder(id) the folder gets stuck in the directory it
 > is called from, not in pictures.  There doesn't seem to be any specific
 > docs on this, so I am at a loss.  Any pointers would be greatly
 > appreciated.

Folder creation isn't really supported in LocalFS at the moment.  Very
low level support is there (module function _save_Folder) but it's not
intended to be called externally and there doesn't seem to be any path
to call it.  There is certainly not a local definition of
manage_addFolder in LocalDirectory.  This is on my list of stuff to do
for our site, but I don't know if it's on Jonothan's list for the real
product.