[Zope] Tim's Gripe Of The Week --> was: [Zope] (no subject)

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 02:50:06 -0600

Tim Cook wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have given myself permission to post this gripe.
> Thank You <g>
>
> While I do use the list archives and I try to get others that are
> new to Zope to do the same.  I have a gripe for the Zen Masters.
> It's the subject line above.
>
> Granted most of the "No Subject" mail starts with a newbie
> question.  That doesn't mean you have to let it ride like that.
> Simply do what I did above.  WHY?

One of my gripes is the subject line too. In fact, I nearly always
ignore (no subject) posts. Seems to me it should not be too difficult to
make Mailman reject posts with that subject, with a message indicating
the reason.

I'll leave whether or not it _should_ be done as an excercise for the
reader....

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.