[Zope] z2.py with -a option: ZServer FTP server not listening on correct ip address

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:50:42 +0200

Joseph Wayne Norton wrote:

> I'm using the following start file:
>
>     #! /bin/sh
>     reldir=`dirname $0`
>     PYTHONHOME=`cd $reldir; pwd`
>     export PYTHONHOME
>     exec /usr/local/bin/python \
>           $PYTHONHOME/z2.py -u zope -a zope.domain.com -w 80 -f 8021 -F 8080 \
>           -D "$@"
>
> and for simply testing purposes, I have defined the following hosts in
> my /etc/hosts file:
>
>    # localhost
>    127.0.0.1        namaste localhost
>    # zope
>    127.0.0.40       zope-prd.domain.com     zope.domain.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
whats 127.0.0.40 supposed to be? It cant for sure be the IP address
of the host, since it shares the netmask with localhost.

You should use one of the following nets to recruit your IP-addresses
from:

# RFC 1918 specifies that these networks are "internal".
# 10.0.0.0      10.255.255.255
# 172.16.0.0    172.31.255.255
# 192.168.0.0   192.168.255.255

HTH