[Zope] A Description with a Search Engine using the advanced ZCatalog program ?

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:15:03 -0400

The ZCatalog doesn't return the actual object that is indexed.  It
returns a representation of the object in the form of a "brain" which
you can use to reference the object.

<dtml-in Catalog>
   <dtml-with sequence-item>
        <dtml-var "Catalog.getobject(data_record_id_).myMethod()"><br>
   </dtml-with>
</dtml-in>

This snippet iterates over all the results from a catalog and calls the
myMethod() method on every one of the objects referenced by the returned
results.  "data_record_id_" is an attribute of the "brain" object
returned from the catalog search.  "getobject" is a method of the
Catalog which returns the actual object referenced by the
"data_record_id_".