[Zope] gvib InterBase DA, undefined symbol crypt

David Trudgett dkt@registriesltd.com.au
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:20:26 -1000

Hi all,

After having successfully installed the gvib InterBase DA on a test machine
running Red Hat Linux 6.1, I'm not having the same luck on the production
box running RH 6.0. Here's what happens:

$ python
 >>> import gvib
Traceback (innermost last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/usr/local/Zope-2.1.6/lib/python/Products/gvibDA/gvib/gvib.py",
line 46, in ?
     import gvibBase
ImportError: /usr/lib/libgds.so: undefined symbol: crypt

I've tried mucking around with updating libraries and so on, but so far
without success. No doubt this problem has happened to someone else before,
so is there anyone here who can suggest how I might fix this? (By the way,
the compile went through without a problem, and there was a -lcrypt on the
appropriate Setup.in line).

I've also emailed the author of the package, but I thought it's probably
more likely a generic setup problem, rather than anything to do with the
product itself.

Thanks.

David Trudgett