[Zope] ZCatalog & dynamic sites

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:05:21 +0200 (CEST)

 > I have a Zope site that uses MySQL to dynamically create some pages.
 > What I want is the ability to search throughout the site, INCLUDING
 > the pages that are database-driven. It seems to me that ZCatalog only=20
 > finds items that exist *in zope*.
 >
 > Is it something ZCatalog can't do or am I missing anything obvious ?
ZCatalog catalogues objects.

Objects must help ZCatalog by providing attributes and/or
parameterless methods. When the object is indexed, ZCatalog
accesses the attributes/methods to obtain the terms the
object should be indexed for.
And the objects must be URL addressable,
because they are itentified inside the catalog by their URL.

ZCatalog can index any object that satisfies these
requirements.

You probably must work that your dynamic objects with database
contents do that.

Dieter