[Zope] Meta Type Registry

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 22:50:36 +1000 (EST)

Is there a Product Builders meta-type registry somewhere?

I can see things getting messed up in the near future as the number of
products proliferates and meta-types start to clash.

I've already seen weird interactions with products
PSQL Input Wizard and ZNolk when both are installed I only got
PSQL Input Wizard despite picking ZNolk from the drop down...

At least if developers can register their meta-types then common
meta-types won't clash for different products (I can see stuff like
'news item' and 'link' clashing all the time).

Perhaps limit registration to developers who have published their product,
I know this probably places an additional burden on the already heavily
under seige developers, but I think some controls are going to be needed.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |