[Zope] re: Meta Type Registry

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:52:07 +1000 (EST)

+----[ Steve Alexander ]---------------------------------------------
| Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:
| >
| > Is there a Product Builders meta-type registry somewhere?
| >
| > I can see things getting messed up in the near future as the number of
| > products proliferates and meta-types start to clash.
|
| I just tried adding a new ZClass in a new Product in my Zope 2.2 final
| installation.
|
| The multiple-selection widgit for choosing the base-classes has all the
| available meta-types prefixed with the name of their product, followed
| by a colon.

I'm not sure that Zope will actually let you successfully register two
classes or baseclasses with the same meta-type... That's the real problem,
and while a cursory examination of the Zope site will reveal product
names to avoid clashing with, it's a lot harder short of installing every
single product to find out what meta-types those products register.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |