[Zope] Can not import XML export...

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:48:20 +0200

[ A few days ago I started working with zope and I am really impressed.
But now the first problem... ]

I created simple folder containing a few DTML documents and methods, a
couple of images and ZCatalog. Then I exported it using XML format. Now
I try to import it into another Zope installation and I get an error
suggesting some problem with XML tags.

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: illegal argument type for built-in operation

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in
publish
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 495, in
manage_importObject
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py, line 216, in
importFile
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py, line 316, in
importXML
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/xml/xyap.py, line 57, in
unknown_endtag
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/xml/ppml.py, line 748, in
save_item
TypeError: (see above)

On both machines I used exactly the same Zope version (2.2.0) and Python
version (1.5.2).

So:
- isn't it a bug?
- can I do anything to import at least some parts of this file (say - by
editing it manually in some way) - I would really like to import
something today (tomorrow I will try usual zope export)

			Regards

--
Marcin.Kasperski | You can even cancel and be left with a working system
  @softax.com.pl | reflecting investment to date. (Ken Beck's Fourth