[Zope] Bi-directional update of Data.fs

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:28:48 -0600

Chris Withers wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
> > > Definitely, can someone say whether QuorumBasedReplication would handle
> > > this on whether it's designed more for real-time replication between
> > > storage servers in the ZEO world?
> >
> > It's designed for real-time replication.
>
> Aww :~(
>
> And there was me hoping I could do the Lotus Notes 'go to the beach and
> work, then replicate the changes when I got back' or the 'work from
> home, replicate the stuff when I can next be bothered to go into work'
> ;-)
>
> Seriously though, is there anything in the pipeline (even just simple
> ideas) for Notes-styel replication at any point in the future? It's the
> only sticking point for quite a big project we're working on that's
> forcing us to stay with Notes.
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> PS: No, none of us has enough Zen to do it ourselves... ;(

Hmm ... howzabout this for an idea, at least:

Since the Data.fs is appended to, and that your disconnected version is
canonical, why  couldn't you basically look for the last common
transaction, and append all transactions in the canonocial to the main
one?

Bill
(thinking this might need to be moved to dev ...)

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.