[Zope] LoginManager, User Sources, ...

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:10:36 -0600

Wolfgang Klinger wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I searched the archives and found some entries, all
> concerning the same problem ...
>
> I read this:
>
> "LoginManager currently comes with a default
>  User Source called Generic User Source (GUS),
>  that is a GUF-like roll-your-own system.  It uses
>  GUF-compatible methods (userExists, userRoles, etc),
>  so converting any GUF-using site to a LM site
>  ..... "
>
> and wondered where this GUS is hidden

It is hidden in the tab that says: UserSources :^)

> and how I actually add users ??

As for adding users, that's a bt more work. You have to create the forms
for doing so. You can search the archives, and it would be a decent idea
to look at the Membership *alpha* product, as it is an example.

http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/LoginManager/Help/API.txt
Might also be a good starting point...

Cheers,
Bill

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.