[Zope] Python/Tkinter & Zope

Cary O'Brien cobrien@Radix.Net
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:54:55 -0400 (EDT)

> charset="US-ASCII"
>
> Would it make any sense ? Such an application could only run on the server.
> Not exactly the idea of a web-enabled application ?! To use it on a client
> at least Python and TKinter should be installed on the client. This would
> only be feasable in a corporate environment, but then, why still use Zope ?
> I think I do not know what you want with the combination of GUI and Zope.

Hmm.  There is jpython, which is a python interpreter written in java, which
I guess can access AWT/Swing classes.  So you could do the GUI that way.  I
don't think there is a tk in java. See www.jpython.org for more.

There is or was? also a TCL/TK plug-in.  It seems dead now.  I don't know
what the heck is going on with Scriptics.  Ajuba?  Huh?

Or (on a roll now) you could use the X version of Python/TKinter and
remote the display using VNC, or one of the Java X servers.

-- cary