[Zope] ZOracleDA

Aaron Bostick Aaron.Bostick@exodus.net
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:45:39 -0700

Zope list members,

I have been developing a zope site with oracle on linux as a backend.
Currently, I run both zope and oracle on the same machine using the
ZOracleDA for connectivity.  However, for production, I plan to seperate the
tiers and run zope and and oracle on different servers.  From looking at the
build instructions for the DCOracle, it seems as though it will only work
when the web server and database server are on the same filesystem/in the
same memory space.

Is there a way to have my zope server talk to a remote (across the network
somewhere) database server?  Do I have to move to something like ODBC for
this?

Thanks for your help!
Aaron Bostick
Network Architect