[Zope] what products to use?

Kapil Thangavelu kvthan@wm.edu
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:23:39 -0700

Owen Smith wrote:

> Hi all
>     I am trying to implement a site which needs the following-
> A forum/discussion
> a database of members (400+) who can access certain parts of the site
> not available to anonymous users
> the ability for members to change their details online
> the ability for new members to sign up online
> which products or methods should I look at using with Zope
> anyone running a similar setup?
> (I am confused by choice what works whats current etc etc!)
> Owen (newbie!)

ZopePTK plus squishdot sounds perfect depending on what kind of user
info you want to store you stick it in FSSession or SQLSession if you're
comfortable with DBs and SQL. squishdot should be coming out with a PTK
based version in the future (no idea when) but for now just install the
PTK edit the dtml drop a squishdot and voila instant site...

Kapil