[Zope] Limiting folder space

Otto Hammersmith otto@ipass.net
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:03:48 -0400

One thing I considered doing was using 2.2's mountable databases for
something like this.  Give each user their own database (possibly
without undo information) and use a cron job to check file sizes.  If
you have root on the box, you could create users id's for each user and
use quota on the filesystem to handle quota checking for you.

Of course, this wouldn't be horribly practical for a *lot* of users.

				-Otto.

Kapil Thangavelu wrote:

> Brendon Grunewald wrote:
> >
> > I want to use Zope to offer registered visitors to my site a
> > little free webspace on the site. Since I use hosting service that
> > restricts and charges me for space, I would like to restrict the
> > size that their zope folders can consume.
> >
> > Hence:
> > Is there any simple way of limiting the amount of space that a
> > folder is allowed to consume including its subfolders?
> > Alternatively, is there anyway of checking how much space a folder
> > with subfolders consumes?
[snip]