[Zope] Aquisition questions

Shane Hathaway shathaway@earthling.net
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 08:40:05 -0600

Ian Sparks wrote:
> Is there a way to enforce URL's be traversed in a set way? Thus making :
>
> mysite.com/Users/Fred/Flavor/Cherry/test
>
> valid while mysite.com/Flavor/Cherry/Users/Fred/test becomes invalid.

You could set up an object called "Users" that would be found only if
the user goes through "Flavor" first.  Your example will have to be
modified to get it to work.

should work: mysite.com/Users/Fred/FlavorFolder/Flavor/Cherry/test

should not work: mysite.com/FlavorFolder/Flavor/Cherry/Users/Fred/test

FlavorFolder is a folder at the same level as Users.  It contains an SQL
query called Flavor and an object called Users.  The Users object in
this folder raises an exception, telling the clever user to back off.

Just a possibility.

> Also, assuming that both SQLMethods provide a "RowID", how do I specify
> explicitly which one I want, in OO terms :
>
> Users.RowID or Flavor.RowID

Isn't there a way to cause the SQLMethods to provide "UserRowID" and
"FlavorRowID" instead?  That would be the most logical solution.

Shane