[Zope] GadFly DB and Zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:21:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Jilani

 > I am recently using the database GadFly and yesterday, I discovered with
 > pleasure that it is part of Zope (ZGadflyDA); so, I will be happy if
 > somebody tells me with a little example, or point me where to find some
 > information to get GadFly interact with it Zope (just how to call field1
 > and field2 from the database test.gfd).
 >
 > Thank you.
Zope looks for directories in "var/gadfly" as possible data sources
for Gadfly.

You can use it like any other DA -- see the ZSQL Methods User Guide
for details.

At least an earlier version of Gadfly was cribbled in Zope (2.1.0).
It did not write changes to disk, such that each Zope restart
removed any changes to the Gadfly database.

I may still find the patch I made for this. However, I am not sure,
whether it is still necessary and whether it still can be applied
without problems.

Dieter