[Zope] WebObjects

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 16:10:03 +0100

Michael Bernstein wrote:
> As I recall (from a WebObjects demonstartion I sat through a
> long time ago), WO creates the most godawful mangled URLs
> that I had ever seen. As a result, a WO site cannot be
> spidered by search engines, or converted to a static copy
> using wget.

Zope's not too hot on this either what with index_html instead of
index.html the problem of "is /something' a 'file' or a 'folder' from
wget's point of view?"

IIRC, it currently would download a zope folder object as a single file
:(

I've also been bitten by this in Wiki's since links aren't generated
with absolute_url and so I sometimes get
/MyWikiFolder/OneWikiPage/AnotherWikiPage which throws up a nasty
__getitem__ exception (particularly in Netscape, which seems to like
appending / onto the end of FrontPage in the URL box...)

cheers,

Chris