[Zope] How do you changing web port address of Zserver installed as a service on Win NT4?rvice on Win NT4?

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 23:21:30 +0200

>I am looking for some guidance on how to change the web port address of my
>Zserver. I can use the -P option START.BAT file and start it manually but I
>haven't been able to figure out how to change it when I am starting the
>Zserver up as a service on a WinNT 4 box.
>It works fine on port 8080 but I now need to move it off of  that port.

Look in the z2.py file in your <zopehome> directory (say c:\zope or
something). you can change the http port in there (it is rather heavily
commented; you should have no problem). Restart your service and your set.

Alternatively you might tweak the registry at key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<yourZopename>
\Parameters\start
with the -p switch. But the first is easier i'd think ;-)

Also see:
http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zbook/book/VII/PlatformInstallation/InstallDraf
ts/instwindraft3/