[Zope] seeking help on roles, authorization, permission

andres@corrada.com andres@corrada.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:36:37 -0400

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 07:11:38PM -0400, Craig Allen wrote:
> I've largely been able to ignore most of the Zope security mechanisms until now,
> but I have this new intranet app that's causing me problems.
>
> I have a folder called Reuters that has my application's methods; it has a
> subfolder called Staging that has documents being reviewed and subsequently
> published.  I need to be able to limit the publishing to specific individuals.
> I created users in the Users Folder in my Reuters directory.  I also created an
> editor role in my Reuters folder, and gave it what I thought were appropriate
> permissions, including manage_properties.  I assigned the editor role to each of
> my new users.

It's not clear to me how your permissions are set-up. Are your users defined
in the Reuters folder and the Staging folder is acquiring the permissions
from Reuters?

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres@corrada.com