[Zope] Python, Zope, and PowerPoint slides

Anders Holmbech Nielsen ahn2@integrator.dk
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:23:07 +0200

>  >
>>[...]
>>
>>>    * Amos released updated "Zope training material",
>>>  http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/TrainingSlidesAnnounce
>>>      that he and Michel Pelletier have been working on for
>>>      the past couple weeks.
>>>
>>>    There are twenty slide presentations which cover such topics
>>>    as DTML, application design, and developing Python products.
>>>
>>>    Note: the PowerPoint slides are built by a Python script
>>>    that reads Structured Text and talks to PowerPoint over COM - cool.
>>

>>How about taking the extra step and using 'PythonPoint' to make a pdf
>>presentation for non-MS'ers?
>>

>IIRC Pavlos Christoforou made a Zope product that creates pdf from stx files
>(goes to look it up) Yes. See
>http://www.zope.org/Members/gaaros/ZpdfDocument

I was quite exited when I saw this pdf possibility but I can't seem
to get it to work. I'm running Zope on my Win NT4.0. But I have some
questions 'bout it:

1. When I d/l the zpdf file it seems that something is missing. Where
exactly should I put it ?
2. Is it a precompiled python file ?
3. Should'nt it have some kind of extension to it to work in a windoze env ?