[Zope] FW: troubles with installing zope

Andy Gayton andyg@one.net.au
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:28:50 +1000

Hi,

I'm trying to install zope on an alpha box running CompaqTrue64 4.0F.  I've
created a seperate account to run zope under.  I've installed zope
under this user's home directory.

Down the track I was hoping to link zope with apache, but for the moment I'm
just trying to get it to work with ZServer.

I configured the package with the command

python wo_pcgi.py

since apache is running on port 8080, I started ZServer with

start -P 9000

This seemed to bring up the server ok, however there was a PROBLEM
statement:
------
2000-06-08T06:12:23 PROBLEM(100) ZServer Computing default hostname
------
2000-06-08T06:12:23 INFO(0) ZServer Medusa (V1.13.4.1) started at Thu Jun  8
16:12:23 2000
        Hostname: titan.onetel.com.au
        Port:9080

------
2000-06-08T06:12:23 INFO(0) ZServer FTP server started at Thu Jun  8
16:12:23 2000
        Authorizer:None
        Hostname: titan.onetel.com.au
        Port: 9021
------

I could then point my browser at the server on 9080 and get the introductory
page.  However, if I try to do anything else, like go to admin page or quick
start documentation, the server raises the following debug message and the
browser says that the document returned no data, try again later or contact
system administrator  :

Stack overflow: pid 23282, proc python, addr 0x14085ffe8, pc 0x120038c18

Have I configured something wrongly ?

thanks,
Andy.