[Zope] Plea: sequence-item and sequence_item in 2.2?

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:06:48 -0400

> >Hi all,
> >Can I make a plea that the .diff patch that Jonothan Farr posted a
> >while back be included into the 2.2 release?
> >http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/Patches/dtml-in-sv
>
> I have yet to hear a downside to this patch. I second that motion.
> The patch has allowed me to clean up my code signifigantly.

While I understand your wanting this, the problem is a little
deeper than just naming consistency.

The sequence-* names were done that way intentionally to avoid
consuming possible names and avoid clashes in the standard
namespace, and changing the convention could cause clashes to
become effective.

Have you looked at the "named dtml in loop" proposal on the DTML
wiki on Zope.org?

http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/DTMLWiki/NamedDTMLInLoop

I think that this proposal would go a long way toward easing the
spelling issue as well as solving some other pains involving using
nested dtml-in loops...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909