[Zope] Re: Secure storage of credit card info

Frank Tegtmeyer fte@d.de.mqi.net
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:41:40 +0200

> Hope I got this right. (Hi Ramon!)

This doesn't solve the problem:

> > you want to save the CC# and other info in case something needs
> > to be done with it later, and probably store the CC# so this
> > customer doesn't have to type it in again later.

I think it is generally a BAD IDEA to keep the CC# so that it can be
accessed again.

Better give the CC#  a descriptive name under which the customer can
access it again. The correlation between the name and number can be
established behind the firewall on a more private machine.

This makes it of course more difficult to process the clearing in real
time when the customer uses the descriptive name.

Regards, Frank