[Zope] Extended characterset

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 23:30:00 +0200 (CEST)

Ivan Mackintosh writes:
 > What I want to do is to allow users to be able to enter greek/mathematical
 > symbols into a textbox. I have managed to do this but get the following
 > problem -
 >
 > In the first dtml method the user clicks on a symbol button and that symbol
 > is entered into the textbox. They then click on a submit button and the next
 > dtml method is displayed.
 >
 > This method simply does a <dtml-var REQUEST> so that I can see the value
 > of the previous textbox. The symbol has changed!
It seems that your symbol is interpreted as an ISO8859-1 code (Latin 1)
rather than an "ISO8859-7" code (Greek).

It might help, if your DTML contains a line
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type',
                               'text/html; charset=ISO-8859-7')">

This should tell the browser, that the document is
ISO-8859-1 encoded.

Dieter