[Zope] ZCatalog in python

ed colmar element@immersivearts.com
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:01:58 -0600

	I'm in a similar situation with Aaron, except my product is mostly python.
 I emulated the cataloging in the PortalCatalog method, but left out the
permission check.  When my product is added to a folder, the catalog gets
created, and has the indexes I set up.  I can create a zsearchinterface,
and search/find the instance of my product, but none of the data that
exists below that.

	Do my sub-objects need to inherit from any zope classes in order to get
indexed?  I know the Zclasses do this automatically, what's the majick
trick for this in python?

	I have tried, catalogAwareness, index_object at item creation, and
reindex_object at item edit.  none of these seem to do it, I imagine
because the catalog wants them to be a certain type, and they're not.

	Any ideas?