[Zope] load-balancing recommendations ? (configuration and hardware)

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 07:31:16 +1000 (EST)

+----[ chas ]---------------------------------------------

| ps. In the past I've got around this by ensuring that if the
|     very first request from a given browser is dealt with by, say,
|     server silo8.domain.com, then all subsequent requests from that
|     browser are also dealt with by by that server. But that
|     (a) introduces head-aches with application logic and (b) is
|     not good if silo8.domain.com suddenly goes down.

pps. If you use sessions that are not distributed (i.e. in memory), this
is the setup you need. It is a royal pain (thinking IIS + ASP here more than
anything)

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |