[Zope] Traversable DTML methods

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:32:28 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Sparks" <isparks@wmute.u-net.com>
To: "Anthony Baxter" <anthony@interlink.com.au>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Traversable DTML methods

> Use a pythonmethod with the traverse_subpath argument...
> <<
>
> Thanks for the advice Anthony, this has been suggested to my by others.
> Could you point me to some Docs or Howto on this subject?
>
> My view is that you shouldn't have to go to Python to make this happen
> (though I am glad that you can!) and that DTML Methods should be
traversable
> out of the box.

Hmm... what does it mean, exactly, to "traverse a DTML method"? DTML Methods
don't have subobjects, so it seems like you're basically trying to look up
other objects or information via information passed in the URL. That seems
like the kind of program logic that is much cleaner in python and that
people are trying to keep out of DTML. DTML really does start getting ugly
and hairy when you try to put complex logic in it.

Kevin