[Zope] ZOracle connection trouble

kdie kedai@kedai.com.my
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:54:24 +0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Monty Taylor <mtaylor@goldridge.net>
To: bak@nstp.com.my <bak@nstp.com.my>
Cc: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Monday, June 12, 2000 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZOracle connection trouble

>The user/passwd@SID is the correct format. Zope, however, probably has
>no clue about your environment variables. I would recommend looking at
>the start-up script for Zope and adding the environment variables in
>there (ORACLE_HOME is quite important, for one.)
>
>Monty

hi,
tried ypur suggestion.  put ORACLE_HOME,ORACLE_SID and export them all in
start
but it was all to naught.

here's something new, i tried sqlplus user/passwd and i got prompted for  a
userid and password.  this is not from the server that i wanted to connect
to.  not sure where it's from.  what do i need to set to tell the client to
connect to particular machine?

as said previously, i'm very green with oracle.

any help appreciated.

thanks