[Zope] dtml-if confusion

Kenny Flegal soulstompp@hotmail.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:38:28 GMT

I have basically completed a management interface for one of our clients
using zope. I have your standard product and order management. If a customer
orders something that is out of stock I need to create a back order.

I add an order in a query called addorder, in this I need to set up an if
statement to make sure their is enough product in stock. I have a seperate
query called onhand, this selects a product and returns instock a field
containing the number in stock of a product. I need to pull instock from
this query and subtract quantity they entered in the form and find out if
the result is greater than or equal to zero. I have the insert statement and
everything else I just can't figure out how to call instock from the onhand
query and quantity from REQUEST (I think it is still in request even though
i am in a ZSQL method) and then test if the result is greater than or equal
to 0.

If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.