[Zope] Sharing of the same Data.fs on a separate machine

Troy Tan Wee Teck twteck@netphuture.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:12:03 +0800

Currently I have installed 2 machines(machine A and machine B) with Zope
2.1.6 and another machine called C which solely contain the Data.fs
which is to be shared by the 2 machines. From what I know whatever
changes to the Zope management it will update the Data.fs file (pls
correct me if I am wrong).

The problem now is these 2 machines are supposed to be on all the time
but whenever I did any changes to the Data.fs (example if I add in any
dtml methods or whatever in the Zope management) using Machine A. I can
only view the new changes that are being implemented on machine A, but
when I switch to machine B to view those changes, strangely enough,
machine B do not show me the changes that I have already done by machine
A since both machine A and B are sharing the same Data.fs from machine
C. However, if I do a reboot to machine B, then I will be able to able
to view the changes that have been done.

What I would like to find out if there is a solution, to enable both
machines to view any changes to the Zope management regardless of the
Data.fs is modified by either machines.

Any kind souls out there, pls enlighten me. Thank you.

--
Regards

Troy