[Zope] getUsers cf. get_valid_userids question

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh@pspl.co.in
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:13:15 +0530

Hi:

In an attempt to solve the very same problem (Get a list of all users with
certain role) I created an external method. It walks up the acquisition path,
at each level checking the existing acl_users (if it exists) for all users with
the role.

I can't say this it is the best way to do it, but it worked for me.

Here's the code:
==============================
from App.Common import aq_base

def getUserIdsWithRole(self, role):
 "Get all userids having a role. Local roles on self are considered too."
 item=self
 dict={}
 while 1:
     if hasattr(aq_base(item), 'acl_users') and hasattr(item.acl_users,
'user_names'):
         for user in item.acl_users.getUsers():
                 if user.has_role(role, object=self):
                         dict[user.getUserName()]=1