[Zope] Mozilla for mgmt

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:24:31 +0200

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 09:07:04AM -0700, jholland@gears.linuxave.net wrote:
> Has anyone besides me had trouble using Mozilla to manage Zope ie access
> the control panel via log in?
>
> This is on Windows
>
> yes I know it doesn't matter

There are regressions in recent Mozilla builds that prevent the authentication
dialog from functioning properly. This regression seems to keep popping up
once in a while. The password textbox is then broken, and Mozilla tries to
authenticate you with an empty password field.

Often, you can bypass it by typing the password in a seperate text window,
then copying and pasting it into the password textfield. This has worked for
me on Linux.

Other than this problem I have had no trouble managing Zope servers with
Mozilla, or at least not much.. it all depends on the quality of the nighty
build. Try a newer or older build, I'd say.

--
Martijn Pieters