[Zope] Problem with adding items to ZClass instance

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:35:45 +0200

>I discovered something bizarre that happens in my 2.1.4 and 2.2b1
>installations.

Bizarre, yes, unusual, no.

>I have a ZClass based on ObjectManager.  In an instance of the ZClass, I
can
>"Add" most of the available objects (DTML Documents, DTML Methods, User
>Folder, MailHost to name a few).  However, for at least two items
(TinyTable
>and ZMySQL DB Connection), when I add them, they show up in the container
>folder, not in the ZClass instance.  Then, if I check it to delete it, it
>gives a "does not exist" error.  Upon refreshing the container folder, the
>item still shows, but then I *can* delete it.  Equally interesting is that
>can Copy the item from the container folder and successfully Paste it into
>the ZClass instance.  However, since ZMySQL DB Connections don't support
>Copy/Paste, that won't work.
>
>What's going on?  Is it a problem with my ZClass, the Product manage_add,
or
>Zope?  Or me?

This is not so easy to answer. ZClasses do strange things to adding items.
If your ZCLass definition (in the Product) is nested in another ZClass, then
it is your ZClass. If the ZClass  definition is defined in the top level of
your product. There may be other things going on, including all of the above
;-)
You'll need to provide more details to  be able to say more about this.

hth

Rik