[Zope] OT: for a software patent free Europe

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:17:18 +0200 (CEST)

Currently, software and human behaviour (business rules)
cannot be patented in Europe.

I think, this is good. It allows me to write software
(and give it away) without the need to spend some months
for patent investigations and money for legal advice.

Part of the European Commission now plans to introduce
patent practices known from the US in Europe. They include
patents for stand-alone software, algorithms and
human practices.

A group of European software developpers and companies
have joint forces to prevent this. We want to file
a petition to the European Parliament.

If you are interested and want to help, please visit:

	URL:http://petition.eurolinux.org/index.en.html

Dieter