[Zope] ZOBD caching products?

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:05:31 -0400

This is a 'feature' of the product initialization process.  Note that I
am just documenting buginess here, I should try to fix this when
possible.

When a Product can't be initialized (a syntax error, a bad import,
whatever), sometimes it will revert back to the state at which it wrote
a good *.pyc file and continue along its merry way without giving you
any indication there is a problem.

Two things:

Turn on the STUPID_LOG_FILE.  Its contents will show you problems during
problem initialization.  See
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Misc/LOGGING.txt for more info.  Scan
the mail list archives for STUPID if this howto doesn't suit you
(seriously!)

When you really, truly want to refresh a product, delete the product
from the control_panel and restart.  I *think* that updating version.txt
in the product folder has the same effect.