[Zope] External Method Difficulties

Jason Lee jlee@rri-medtech.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:40:07 -0500

Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  > <dtml-var genhash>
> That should work.
>
> What KeyError do you get?
> The error message's head should tell you what key has not been
> found. The traceback at the foot (especially the last line)
> tells you where the KeyError occured.

After I posted, I did some more wild, random, send-up-a-prayer hacking and I
think I discovered the problem.  It appears that the name of the external method
and the name of the module file must be the same.  At least, I changed the name
of the file to genhash.py and things worked.  It could be that the file was
called md5.py, and since there is a Python module called md5, the interpreter
may have been getting confused.   I don't know which.  Can any one shed some
light on that?

Thanks for your help, Dieter!

--
Jason Lee           |Maybe it's good that I can't afford anti-psychotic
jlee@rri-medtech.com|medication. It frees me up to plan the assassination