[Zope] Zope2.2.0b2 - cannot import tutorial

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:28:16 +0200

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 01:59:22PM +0000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>    I remember DC promises to add a screen to configure the number of
> threads instead of default 7, but I didn't found the screen. Will it be
> added later?

I think you are confusing some issues.

You can use the -t switch to z2.py to set the number of threads (which
defaults to 4). This is the number of request serving threads, there are other
threads for other tasks in Zope you don't have any influence over.

Each of these serving threads has it's own connection to the ZODB. And there
_is_ a hardwired limit to the number of connections, which, IIRC, is set to 10
or something. There has been talk of changing that number, or, even better,
have it dynamically change to suit the circumstances. But this is all from
vague memory, so don't go quoting me on this.

--
Martijn Pieters