[Zope] permissions problem instantiating objects in 2.2b2?

John Kinsella jlk@slip.net
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:24:01 -0700

Hi guys, I have a simple piece of code which instantiates an object
in Zope 2.1.16, but when I try to run the same code in 2.2b{1,2} I get
a dialog box stating that "authorization failed" and asks again for my
password.  I'm not sure if the API changed in 2.2 or if something's
broken in either my code or the 2.2 tree...I'm more than open to
suggestions. :)  Here's what I'm trying to do:

* Created a Product and dropped a ZClass into it, tweaked the
constructor so it doesn't redirect when called from my code
* Created a DTML method in a folder with reads as follows:

<dtml-with "manage_addProduct['test']">
 <dtml-call "testClass_add(_.None, _, NoRedir=1)">

</dtml-with>

When I go to view that method, that's when i see the "authorization
failed" stuff.  Any ideas what's up?

John