[Zope] Arch for future python project.

Bryan Patrick Coleman bpcolema@uncg.edu
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:35:10 -0400 (EDT)

I have been planning and may have time to start codeing soon a UI library.
I have a question about the exact nature of the archetecture I am going to
use. The UI is going to display in text and graphicaly on the consol, X
and in a browser ie netscape. Oh and Berlin too. There is either going to
be an accompining "window manager" or it will be integrated into the
library. So my choices as I see it are.

  - Target other library sets such as OpenAmulet and wxWindows. Posibly
    even mixing tool kits within the same application
    OR consentrate on using ggi and make whole new widgits.

  - The library is going to focus on dynamic UI's as well as skinable
    interfaces even if I don't integrate the window manager the
    applications will be able to manage them selves so should I just make
    it part of the same library?

  - leave controll of the user interface with the application or break it
    off and make it part of an interface server which would contain the
    window manager functionality as well.

The end result is going to be somewhere between an XML viewer, MS's Active
desktop, SWING or Pythons DynWin, Zope and enightenment :) Sort of a
portable desktop that is dynamic and flexable.

-  Bryan Patrick Coleman

UNCG
   bpcolema@uncg.edu
   http://www.uncg.edu/~bpcolema