[Zope] Zope 2.1.6 Bug?

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:08:27 -0400

I'm running Zope 2.1.6 under Windows 2000.  I've encountered a situation
where I can cause Zope to completely hang.  For example, if I create a
DTMLMethod called test in the root folder and give it this
contents  (leading spaces on the table tag are important):

and click the View tab, the page displays as expected.  However, if I edit
this to look like this:

and click View, Zope goes off and never returns.  The Python.exe file
continues to consume CPU but doesn't display anything.

However, if I remove the leading spaces before the table tags, save my
changes and then click View, the contents are displayed immediately.  I
then experimented with adding one space before the tag.  The contents
displayed, but after a pause.  Two spaces paused longer.

Can anyone else verify this behavior?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html