[Zope] parsing strings in DTML

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:12:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> >Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I could probably do <dtml-call
> >"REQUEST.set('parsed_address', _.string.join(old_address, '$')"> except for
> >the fact that getting "old_address" (the $-separated one) would require its
> >own <dtml-var old_address> statement. I can't nest <dtml>s so how to I
> >combine these?
>
> I'm not sure I get you right.
> try something like (untested):
>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('parse_address', _string.split(old_address, '$')">

You're right, of course, about the "split." A slip of the typing fingers.
:-)

> If you want to know more, you should probably look at the Python docs, as
> this is Python stuff.

Doing this in Python is easy. That's not the problem. I've been struggling
with all of the RESPONSE.set, REQUEST.set, etc. stuff. I can't keep it all
straight. Adding the dtml layer to this really adds to the comlexity of it
all. I just need more Zen. :-)

Thanks for the help.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/