[Zope] ProxyPass Problems

Peter Sabaini sabaini@niil.at
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:11:37 +0200 (CEST)

i dont know much about ssl but wouldn't you want to pass / -->
https:// instead of / --> http:// ?
but then again i dont know a thing about ssl...
peter

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Baker, Dennis [sjmr] wrote:

:I'm having a problem with getting ProxyPass and SSL to work.  I followed the
:How-to on Using Apache with ZServer,  and unfo's How-To on
:Apache+ZServer+SSL.  And my setup is nearly identical to the one listed on
:the howto.  I have my main site in the root of my Zope Setup,  and My SSL
:site is in a subdirectory of the root called SecureSite.
:
:After setting up the ProxyPass Directives in Apache (I have the httpd.conf
:section attached below) and Adding the SiteRoot objects on Zope I can access
:the main Site at http://mysite.org,  but if I try to access
:https://mysite.org my web browser hangs until it times out.  Also,  it
:becomes impossible to browse the SecureSite Folder unless I delete the
:SiteRoot Object.
:
:It appears to be some kind of Apache issue,  however I can't figure out why
:it won't connect,  the directives are almost identical to the ones on the
:Howto.  Any Suggestions ??
:
:----  Snippet from httpd.conf  -------
:NameVirtualHost 206.171.167.101:80
:
:<VirtualHost 206.171.167.101:80>
:    ServerAdmin dbaker@chw.edu
:    ServerName mysite.org
:    ProxyPass / http://mysite.org:8080/
:    ProxyPassReverse / http://mysite.org:8080/
:    ProxyPass /misc_ http://mysite.org:8080/misc_
:    ProxyPass /p_ http://mysite.org:8080/p_
:</VirtualHost>
:
:NameVirtualHost 206.171.167.101:443
:
:    ProxyPass / http://mysite.org:8080/SecureSite/
:    ProxyPassReverse / http://mysite.org:8080/SecureSite/
:    ProxyPass /misc_ http://mysite.org:8080/misc_
:    ProxyPass /p_ http://mysite.org:8080/p_
:</VirtualHost>
:
:----  End Snippet ----
:
:Dennis Baker
:Information Systems Manager, St. Joseph's Medical Resources
:
:
:Zope maillist  -  Zope@zope.org
:**   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
:(Related lists -
: http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce