[Zope] Can't override standard_error_message on NotFound?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:20:09 +0100

"R. David Murray" wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, matt wrote:
> > I'm having some problems with standard_error_message on 2.2.0b2.  According to the mailing list archives I should be able to override NotFound errors (I even cut-n-pasted http://www.zope.org/standard_error_message/view_source into my own standard_error_message in case I was missing something) but requesting a nonexistent object still gets me what appears to be a built-in page.

standard_error_message is also notoriously buggy in the way it handles
things unless you're using Zope 2.2. I have lost significant hair in
this area ;-)

> Usually this means your standard_error_message is throwing an exception,
> in which case Zope use the one hardcoded in the source.

The way to check this is to look at the error. If your error message is
throwing an exception, the origin of the error will be your error page.
If it's still showing the original Not Found error then you're suffering
from bugginess.

HTH,

Chris